What is Cryptorai?
Cryptorai is a cryptocurrency portfolio tracking and market data tool that allows investors to track their crypto investments across exchanges and assets and provides real-time market data and news.It provides real time charts and prices from exchanges to calculate your portfolio values in a simple and intuitive way. Cryptorai does not acces your transaction data and your data stays in your device.
Cryptorai is not a financial advisory firm. We are a market data provider for informational purposes. Please consult with a qualified financial advisor before making any investment decisions.
Can I trade on Cryptorai or buy/sell Bitcoins on Cryptorai?
No. We are not an exchange. We only provide market data and news for informational purposes.
How can I use Cryptorai?
Cryptorai has two modules
I am new to crypto market and do not have any investments yet, should I use Cryptorai?
Yes, you can make yourself familiar with the market trends, news and coins. A good way to understand the market will be to create a fake portfolio and just play with it till you get comfortable.
How do I get started?
You can start by adding your portfolio data. We currently support two ways to add portfolio data
Holdings - if you have a large number of transactions, you can create a summarized entry for each coin for your overall positions. You can calculate average price and total units of your current holdings and just create one entry for each coin. Your selected fiat currency is assumed to be the sell currency for this to track your ROI. This is an easy way to get started with Cryptorai if you measure your investments in fiat currency.
Transactions - If you prefer to track at each transaction level, you can enter individual transactions. You can also use this method on ongoing basis as it adjusts the holdings for both - buy and sell coin.
How do I create holdings with sell currency as BTC or ETH and not in Fiat?
You can create a transaction with coin sold as BTC or ETH in transaction screen and off the 'deduct from coin holding' option.
I cannot find my exchange/coin.
We are constantly adding new exchanges and coins. If you do not see your exchange or coins, please let us know in Telegram group or mail us at email@example.com.
I do not remember the buying price for my past transaction, what can I do?
App can prefill the closing price for the day for past transactions once you select the date.
How do you calculate fee?
We assume 0.25% as default for all transactions and it is added to the sell units. e.g. if you buy 10 bitcoin @ $ 6000 , total cost will be 60000 + .0025*60000. But you can overwrite the default to reflect real fee percentages.
How do I know my profit/loss?
You can check your overall portfolio level profit at home screen. This is calculated as (your current portfolio value - total fiat investments over time).
You can also view your realized and unrealized gains for each coin on coin details screen. Realized gains are for the units already sold and unrealized gains are calculated based on your current holdings.
Can see my portfolio in BTC?
Yes, just click on the overall portfolio number on home screen. All your values and portfolio charts will be converted to BTC values.
Can I use realized gains to report my taxes?
This feature is for information purposes only and we strongly recommend working with a qualified tax advisor for tax filings.
Can I change my default fiat currency?
You can change it under settings.
How can I import a CSV file from my exchange?
Download a ‘Trade’ or ‘Order history’ CSV file from your exchange. We will be adding support for ‘Deposit’ and ‘Withdrawal’ files soon.
- Open the file on your computer and ‘Save as – CSV – UTF-8 (Comma delimited) (.csv)’ file. Do not give any spaces in the name. exchangename.csv is a good option. E.g. bittrex.csv.
- Transfer the file to your mobile device.
Importing into the app
- We recommend taking a cloud back up of your transactions first, in case you want to restore to the current state later. ‘Back up data to Google Drive’ option is available in ‘Setting’ from the main menu.
Once cloud backup is complete –
- Select ‘Add button’ from main portfolio screen to go to ‘Add Portfolio’ screen
- Select ‘Upload CSV file’ from ‘Add portfolio’ screen
- Select an exchange from drop down. Cryptorai currently supports – Bittrex, Binance, and Poloniex. New exchanges are added every week. You can request new exchanges at telegram group.
- Select the same exchange file from the explorer.
- Click on upload transactions.
- The loader will show the status of file upload and the total number of transactions. For a large number of transactions, it may take some time as app fetches historical prices, etc. for your coins.
- Once completed, the app will show the import status.
- You can check on portfolio screen/transactions list screen to make sure that imported transactions are available.
How do I import my transactions using exchange API keys?
We recommend taking a cloud back up of your transactions first, in case you want to restore to the current state later. ‘Back up data to Google drive’ option is available in ‘Setting’ from main menu.
Once cloud backup is complete –
- Create API key and secret key on your exchange website. Please make sure that it is a ‘Read-only’ API key and disable any trading or withdrawal permissions. Do not share your keys with anyone.
- Once you have the keys, select ‘Add button’ from ‘Main portfolio’ screen to go to ‘Add Portfolio’ screen.
- Select ‘Exchange API integrations’ from ‘Add portfolio’ screen.
- Select ‘Add button’ from ‘Exchange API integrations’ to add a new exchange.
- On ‘Add a new exchange’ screen: (for Binance: see point f below)
a. Select exchange from the dropdown. Cryptorai currently supports – Bittrex and Binance. New exchanges are added every week. You can request for your exchange at telegram group.
b. Enter your API key
c. Enter API secret
d. Make sure Trade and manual options are selected
e. Click ‘Save’.
f. Only for Binance: you also need to add pairs/symbols for which you want to import the transactions. Use ‘Add another symbol’ to add your pairs.
- Save option will sync with the exchange and import your transactions for the first time.
- Once an exchange is added, you can just sync from the ‘exchange API integrations’ screen using sync.
Do you access or sell customer data?
We are a strong believer in data privacy and it has been a key driver for us to develop this application. All your transaction data stays in your device and we never have access to it which means all your portfolio calculations including graphs, charts etc. happen at device level.
How can I request for features/report bugs?
Please drop us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or connect with us in Telegram group.
Can I be a beta tester to have early access to new features?
Yes and thank you. Please drop us a mail at email@example.com.